Archieve and Centre for History of Bialystok University of Technology
The University Archives and History Centre conducts archival, informational and educational activities. It cooperates with the University’s organisational units in the proper handling of documentation and preparing it for transfer.
Moreover, it stores, processes and secures the documentation taken over. It collects objects related to the history of the University. It also conducts searches within the resource in its possession for official and scientific-research purposes. It provides access to archival materials and non-archival documentation and makes unpublished theses and dissertations available. It also conducts informational, educational and popularisation activities.
Maciej Kłopotowski, PhD, Eng, Arc
The University Archives and History Centre consists of two parts: The Archive and the Centre. The University Archives was established as a repository of records on 1 April 1957 at the then Evening School of Engineering. The depot was located in the school building at 11/15 Grunwaldzka Street.
In March 1975, the file repository was transformed into the company archive of the Białystok University of Technology. The archive moved to two rooms of the Institute of Mechanics in Kleosin. In 1987, the new location of the archive became two rooms in the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at 45 C Wiejska Street.
Until 2009. Archive functioned in the organisational structure at the Rector’s Office, while in 2010 it was incorporated into the organisational structure of the Library. From 1 September 2021 The University Archives and History Centre is a unit of the University’s central administration.
The exhibition is located in the former Senate Hall in the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at 45 C Wiejska Street. The official opening of the Mirosław Bujanowski Centre for History of the Bialystok University of Technology took place on 1 December 2021.