Bialystok University of Technology held the largest job fairs in Podlaskie region19-10-2022
It was a record-breaking Job Fairs at Bialystok University of Technology. Almost 70 companies presented their offers in the Centre for Modern Education.
– For more than ten years, the Job Fairs organised at Bialystok University of Technology has been helping students and graduates find the best jobs, – recalls Assoc. Prof. Marta Kosior-Kazberuk, DSc, PhD, Eng, Rector of Bialystok University of Technology. – The event has already earned its reputation, gathering the most important entrepreneurs from the region, as well as an increasing number of global companies that focus on development, are committed to employing specialists and offer truly great career opportunities. The young engineers were able to learn about the specifics of the companies, meet and talk to representatives of the employers, find out about the current offer in terms of employment, as well as discuss recruitment conditions for individual positions.
The Centre for Modern Education of Bialystok University of Technology and the square in front of the magnificent edifice were tightly packed with company presentations. Entrepreneurs were able to learn about the potential of students and join the sponsors of the construction of the next Formula Student racing car, while students and all interested were able to find out about the most up-to-date job offers.
– This is a great initiative. Thanks to it, we have real contact with companies and it is not an everyday event that we can just join, – said Kinga Łabanowska, Gabriela Leśniewska and Wiktoria Krajewska, second-year logistics students at the Faculty of Engineering Management of Bialystok University of Technology – We wanted to get to know the companies where we might work in the future. Thanks to such job fairs we can get to know the company’s goals, mission and also the employees with whom we may have the pleasure to work in the future.
Adam Jarosz, a student of the Faculty of Computer Science at Bialystok University of Technology, wanted to check out the job opportunities that await him after graduation related to application development.
– That’s still the future, but I already want to know what conditions and salaries the participating companies are offering – said Adam Jarosz. – I want to know what awaits me.
Students in their final year of second-cycle studies at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences at Bialystok University of Technology could choose from a wide range of offers.
– Employers are very open, they make their offers clear to us, and the offers are geared up to work with students, – said students of civil engineering already working on their master’s thesis.
– We want to get into work from the very beginning of our studies, – said Paweł Kozłowski, a student of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of Bialystok University of Technology. – We are looking for something in IT. Software testing is also interesting. There are a lot of companies and we have a lot to choose from, – added Łukasz Moś, also a student of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of Bialystok University of Technology.
– We came here to look at the available offers, – said Izabela Grochowska, a student of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of Bialystok University of Technology. – We are also looking for internships for the holidays, – added her colleague from the Faculty, Łukasz. – There were a lot of stands, so we’re sure to find something for ourselves, – said Izabela.
The stands of individual companies tempted with their original design, and their representatives presented job offers and career paths in a factual way.
– We present internship programmes, but we are also already looking for programmers with experience, so you could say we have a whole spectrum of offers. And we also want to show that we are in Białystok, that we are at Bialystok University of Technology and we invite students to cooperate with us, – said Jakub Kosa from Fabrity Sp. z o.o.
The Fair was attended by Signify Poland Sp z o.o. – a manufacturer of professional interior and exterior lighting fittings.
– We are an international company, while in Poland we have three factories in Kętrzyn, Piła and Bielsko, as well as a Sales Organisation in Warsaw, – said the company’s representative. – We invite students from all faculties, especially engineering. All young people who would like to see what it is like to work in a large corporation, while at the same time being in lovely places in Poland.
– We are at the fairs to present our company’s offer to young people who are studying or are about to graduate, so that they can try their hand at professions related to electrical engineering or professional power engineering, – informed Łukasz Grzelak, an implementation director from Elmont Sp. z o.o.
Bison S.A. deals with machining, producing technological instrumentation for various types of machining tooling.
– At the fairs, we want to advertise our company, find employees for numerically controlled machine tools, as well as for the construction and technical office, – said Piotr Makal, production manager of Bison S.A. numerical machine tools – We are looking for CNC operators, numerical machine tool operators, technologists, designers.
Cooperation with industry is the domain of Automatyka – Pomiary – Sterowanie S.A. company.
– We are at the BUT Fairs in order to spark interest and introduce our future employees to what our company does, what we deal with, what challenges we face on a daily basis and who we are looking for, – said Paweł Turysz, control systems engineer at Automatyka – Pomiary – Sterowanie S.A. – Several organisational units have been created within our company. These are units related to programming and designing machines, designing electrical installations both concerning the control of the machines themselves and entire facilities, as well as related units concerning logistics, prefabrication, prefabrication of all machines and workstations at our company, and then their assembly and integration with the customer’s systems at his factory.
SaMASZ Sp. z o.o., the company with which Bialystok University of Technology conducts multi-million dollar research and development work, is constantly looking for valuable employees.
– We are looking for automation designers, mechanical designers and instrumentation designers – explained Anna Nazaruk from SaMASZ Sp. z o.o.. Karol Pawłowski, the company’s designer and technologist, was waiting for candidates at the stand.
– We deal with the construction of green-cutting and municipal machines, – Pawłowski explained. – In forage harvesting, we focus mainly on mowers, rakes and tedders. Among municipal machines, we also have a range of ploughs and flail mowers, as well as other machines to help keep the city tidy. My job is to prepare the full design of the machine, also the full documentation from start to finish, including anticipating how the machine will be assembled, how the machine will be manufactured.
ASPI Sp. z o.o. Sp. k. was also present at the fairs. It’s a manufacturer of woodworking tools for furniture manufacturers.
– We are looking for machine operators for CNC machine tools, – said the company representative. – We are in the process of development. At the moment we have invested in the expansion of the production hall, machine park, so we will need both machine operators and technologists to develop products and respond to the growing demands of customers on the market. We will certainly be looking for employees in logistics, environmental protection or customer relationship management in the near future.
P&Q Sp. z o.o. has its headquarters in Białystok and Sopot. At the fairs, it was mainly looking for construction engineers who are ready to travel, or designers who will also design wind farms or photovoltaic farms.
– Our company deals with general contracting in the field of renewable energy sources, – said Piotr Sokołowski, head of sales at P&Q Sp. z o.o. – We are mainly looking for specialists, engineers from various fields, from different fields of study. We invite civil engineers, electrical engineers to work and cooperate with us. We carry out interesting and ambitious projects for reputable companies.
Multicco Sp z o.o. Sp. k. deals with transport and forwarding.
– We organise transport throughout the European Union and beyond, – said Tomasz Cecha from Multicco Sp z o.o. Sp. k. – We are looking for trade and forwarding employees who will also want to do their apprenticeships and, above all, work for us. We place special emphasis on students who want to try their first steps in transport. We are open, above all, to young, committed people, but also to those without experience, to whom we can give this experience.
The Bialystok University of Technology Job Fairs has been making it easier for students and graduates to plan their careers for years. It is a place where employers from the region (and not only) and young people looking for employment meet. The event attracts crowds.
– W targach uczestniczymy po raz kolejny – said Tomasz Cecha. – This year it is very nice, it is very modern. I can see that the exhibitors also put great emphasis on the appearance of the stands, so that everything looks nice. I see huge interest from outside. Students and people looking for attractive jobs come here. We have lots of conversations. It is very interesting. Thank you for being able to participate in this fair.
– It was the biggest job fairs in the history of Podlaskie Voivodeship, – sums up Mateusz Adaszczyk, manager of the Career Development and Alumni Relations Office of Bialystok University of Technology, the organiser of the Job Fairs. – Among the companies, there were the largest local employers, and it is worth emphasising that they are mostly global companies offering diverse job positions and open to employee development. As a university, we were able to show that our cooperation with the socio-economic environment looks very good.