Each academic year is divided into two semesters of fifteen weeks:
- autumn semester – from September till the end of January
- spring semester – from February till June
Each term follows the exam session. Examinations are held in February and in June.
- a longer period of holidays at Christmas time
- one or two weeks of an interterm break in February
- a shorter break at Easter Fest
- public holidays: All Saints` Day – 1 November, Independence Day – 11 November, New Year`s Day – 1 January, Labour Day – 1 May, Constitution Day – 3 May