Rules for the participation in the VIII Scientific Conference “Tourism in environmentally valuable areas”.
- The Organizer of the 8th edition of the Conference “Tourism in environmentally valuable areas” is Bialystok University of Technology and the Kronenberg Institute-Foundation for the Future of Protected Areas.
- The Conference will be held on 28-30 November 2022 and will be conducted in a hybrid form, online using MSTeams and live in the conference studio.
- The Conference will be recorded by the Organizer. Selected recordings from the event will be made available on the Organiser’s website and streamed on social media platforms, including Youtube, Facebook and Instagram. As a result of the registration process, the image and statements of the Participants will be recorded and registered.
- For the information and promotional purposes of the Conference, the Organizer will register its course by means of photographic and audio-video reports. Selected fragments of the Conference may be made available to all the Participants and made public on the Organizer’s website, including Youtube, Facebook, Instagram and other industry channels.
- The Participants (not applicable to Speakers) who do not want their image to be reproduced as part of information and promotional activities of the Conference during the live stream are required to turn off the camera on their device.
- By turning on the camera on their device during the live stream of the Conference, the Participants express their consent to the free reproduction of their image by the Organizer in connection with promotional activities related to the Conference.
- Sending an application for participation in the Conference to the Organizer is tantamount to having read and accepted the Terms of Participation in the Conference.
The Administrator’s information – in accordance with Article 13 (1) and (2) of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (hereinafter referred to as GDPR).
- The Administrator of the personal data is Bialystok University of Technology, Wiejska 45A, 15-351 Bialystok, tel.: 85 746 90 00, pb.edu.pl (hereinafter the University).
- The Administrator, in accordance with Article 37 (1)(a) of the GDPR, has appointed a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted in matters related to the processing of personal data by e-mail at: email@example.com.
- The personal data of the Participants will be processed for the purpose of:
a. registering the participation,
b. organizing the conferences using the MSTeams platform,
c. communicating with Participants on matters related to the Conference and documenting its course – based on Article 6 (1)(e) of the GDPR, as it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest in connection with the mission of the higher education and science system in the field of education, scientific activities, the formation of civic attitudes,
d. promotion and information – the processing of personal data of the Participants and Speakers takes place on the basis of Article 6 (1)(e) of the GDPR and pursuant to Article 6 (1)(a) of the GDPR with regard to the publication of the image.
- The Recipients of the personal data may be entities providing services to the University, including Internet service providers, legal services and other entities authorized under the law, users of the Administrator’s websites and social networks on which the Administrator has accounts.
- The personal data of the Participants will be kept for the period necessary for the proper organization of the Conference, and then for a period of 6 months and until the consent is withdrawn – in the scope of data processed on the basis of the consent granted.
- The Participants have the right to access their own data, and subject to the provisions of the law, they have the right to:
a) withdrawal of the consent granted, with the proviso that the withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of the consent before its withdrawal;
b) rectification of data,
c) deletion of data,
d) restriction of data processing,
e) object to the processing of personal data.
- In the event that the Participants consider that the processing of their personal data violates generally applicable provisions in this respect, they have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In Poland, it is the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.
- Providing personal data is voluntary but necessary for registration and participation in the Conference. The consequence of not providing personal data will be the inability to participate in the Conference.
- The personal data will not be used for automated decision-making or profiling referred to in Article 22 of the GDPR.